Telephone Consultations available to all our patients
At Blackburn South Medical Centre we are working to ensure the safety of patients and staff during the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
As a result, you may notice a few changes:
- You will be asked some additional questions by our reception staff and on-line when booking an appointment. This is to try and check whether special precautions may be needed to see you safely. The nurse may also wish to speak to you.
- Hazard tape has been placed to mark out a 1.5m separation between patients and staff. Please stay behind these lines unless instructed to do otherwise
- We ask you to use hand sanitiser (located on the reception counter) when entering the building
- A distance of 1.5m should be maintained between you and the person nearest to you when seated in the waiting room
- You may be asked to wait in your car until the doctor is able to see you
We offer a variety of appointment types:
- In-practice face to face appointments – routine billing applies
- “Drive through” appointments where some or all your consultation may occur with you remaining in your car – routine billing applies
- Telephone consultations – bulk-billed to patients over 70 and some other groups who meet Medicare criteria
The friendly team at Blackburn South will be happy to assist you in finding the most appropriate appointment for your needs.
For information about self-care and isolation measures during this pandemic please see: https://www.gps-can.com.au/covid19-blog/a-guide
We thank you for your patience during this period.
Blackburn South Medical